15 May 2005
28 going on 40
Well, I feel like it anyway. Ok, I don't really FEEL 40, I just feel I will be there before I know it. When people have been asking me my age, I very much forget that I am 28. Often times I will tell them 22, 24...uh, no, 28!! Shoot, lately, people ask me and I just go ahead and tell them 3o. I love to see the faces on people when I say that. They are in shock and say I appear to be in my early 20's. I hope they are saying that because of my girlish looks, not my maturity level! But, I do like to have fair share of fun and plan to never let fun go even when my age hits 5o, God willing. Think about it, isn't life like a blink of an eye?? I remember back in 1st grade when a day in school felt like a week, or junior high when running 2 miles seemed to take forever (ok, that still rings true!) or in high school when graduation didn't come soon enough. Graduation is over and gone and last year I attended my 10 year reunion. WOW I think to myself. I look back and have seen what I've done with my life and what I haven't done. I'm not talking things like sky diving or rocky mountain climbing (remind you of a song??). I'm saying have I wasted my time? Am I using my life that God has given me to his greatest glory? Or, am I being selfish and doing things for my own plan? Sometimes, it's easy to get caught up in everyday tasks and not think about why I am here. What are the things I can spend my time doing that will have eternal value??? I do struggle with keeping my priorities straight....kinda like my age.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment