15 May 2005

A day off

It's Sunday and I don't have to work. Praise the Lord! But, when I have a day off, it really isn't a day off. The day off usually entails tedious tasks such as grocery shopping, cleaning the house, manicuring the yard, running my dog (or does he run me??), cooking a 5 course meal for me and my roomies (ok, not really, but I'm sure they wish it were true!), going to the gym, power washing the driveway, taking a sawzaw and cutting fun shapes in my wall, installing new switches...ok, the last three things I don't do that often, but you get the point. Today was no exception to that rule, but, I don't have to go to work and I get to have friends come to my house for great fellowship. And with all our recent fire outbreaks, hopefully it won't burn down the house so we don't have to stop having friends over...although I bet they wouldn't be opposed to just hanging out on an empty lot sitting on plastic chairs and roasting marshmallows. Hmmm, maybe if the house does catch on fire, we can roast the marshmallows then...just a thought.

On another note, I'm going to be an aunt and am thoroughly excited about it. I pray God will keep watch over my brother, his wife and their new peanut (my little nickname for the child since we don't know the sex and I feel calling peanut "it" would be rather inappropriate). Marisa is due to have the baby on the 20th, but I guess anytime is fair game. I bet she'll have peanut on my day off...figures. I have to do everything on my day off ; ) But this "extra task" of going to see my new little neice or nephew and support my family will be awesome!

No comments: