As a homeowner, I have more responsibilities...but they are responsibilities I enjoy (most of the time). Today I had a day off from work so I decided to take advantage of the beautiful sunny day to weed the flower beds. As I was plucking out each individual weed, I realized that each weed I didn't remove the weed before (yep, I was being lazy), had given birth to 10 more weeds. I can probably sumize that if I hadn't taken out the weeds today, by next week those 10 new weeds would have given birth to 10 more babies each, exponentially growing into a weed garden while taking over my flower garden. (not to mention the mama weeds looked as if they had some pregnancy cravings and multiplied in size by 10 fold!).
You are probably wondering why I am writing the "profound" discussion on weeds. Well, weeding resembles life. I have this wonderful life that God has graciously blessed me with. Like a flower garden, I need to take care of it. Just like last week when I saw some weeds that needed to be destroyed and decided to wait until later...I come back to find how the weeds liked it in the flowers and decided to take over. I know this is hard to believe (ha), but I struggle with things like any human does. Sometimes I notice things in my life like a small weed. I think it is no big deal and will deal with it later. Before I know it, it takes over and starts to hurt all the good things (flowers) in my life I've been blessed with. Perfectionist is a word that describes me to a tee. Sometimes I don't feel as if I need to weed my garden because the weeds are just going to disappear on their own...without hard work. But, work is something we all have to do.
Like my dad says, if you're going to dig a ditch, dig it good. That really has nothing to do with what I just wrote, although I'm sure I can tie it in somehow but don't feel like it...I'll leave it up to your own interpretation.
31 May 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment