11 June 2005

life is like a dog park

Ever been to a dog park? I've discovered the parks recently and have been a regular attender with my buddy Beaufurr. The idea is to provide a vast fenced in area to let your dog roam leash-free while building on their social skills with other dogs. Not to mention the exercise they get from playing with each other allows for some nice peaceful quiet evenings at home.

My dog is not the only one who gets to have fun. I have my fill, too. Actually, let's just call it entertainment. Last week I was talking with a lady (this was at the dog park) and she told me someone yelled at her for taking her dog off the leash and if the dogs attack each other, the unleashed-dog's owner will be sued. This is histerical! If you are so concerned about your dog getting hurt by other dogs: 1) don't come to the dog park, 2) go to a park that is not designated as a dog park where all animals are on leashes, and 3) get a dog that is not sissy and can fend for him/herself. I wish I were there for that discussion...I would have love to give my two cents.

I overheard a coversation between two women. One was talking about how children are a pain and she would rather have 10 dogs than 1 child. She even talked to her dog like a child...kinda weird. Maybe if she had a child and we put fur on it then she would like it?? Who knows. She might just like the fact she will never be challenged in life by just having dogs...it's an easy road that won't cause her to worry about her dogs staying out late getting high, drunk and having sex before they are married. Wait, she will have to worry about the sex part because dogs can get a little crazy.

Yeah, and my dog finally learned to hump. He not only waited until after he was newtered to learn this, but he learned it from a male dog.

And poodles? What's up with them? It's almost as if they are reincarnated spoiled prince/princesses from a previous life. They think the world revolves around them. It's really funny when they think they can take on a dog of bigger stature, but then to their dismay, they are plummeted to the ground and forced into submission.

I also notice how people sit on benches that a dog just peed on. Do I tell them? No...they'll just find out when they smell urine on their pants. Or, maybe they will just think they have an incontinence problem and start buying Depends.

One of the funniest moments happened today. Beau was standing there sniffing the air when another dog came up behind him and lifted his leg to pee on him! Beau just stood there oblivious to the whole thing. Good thing the other dog had peed so much on everything else, there was no more urine to dispense on Beaufurr.

I think that last story pretty much sums up life...if we just stand there oblivious to our surroundings, we might very well get peed on.

1 comment:

Joel said...

That has some deep implications...urinated on by the world...sounds like Rob's next sermon series.

Did you know that poodles were originally bred as hunting dogs? Who would have thunk it?!?!

And just for the record, you had better bowling skills than you give yourself credit for! Thanks for coming out.