12 July 2005
30 heat settings
I was in the bathroom (one of my favorite places ; ) at a friend's house and noticed a curling iron in it's box sitting on the counter. On the box it said "30 heat settings". Think about this. What determines a single heat setting? I mean if I manufactured a curling iron and it heated up to 200 degrees, how many heat settings does it have? As many as I want it to! I could designate a heat setting to equal 1 degree. Therefore, from it's starting point of, let's say, room temperature, 75 degrees, my curling iron has 125 heat settings. If I designated a heat setting to be 1/2 a degree, my curling iron would have 250 heat settings. some might realize that there could be an infinite amount of heat settings between just 1 degree, so, realistically, I could have a curling iron with infinite settings! So next time you buy something, when you read the little headers on the box, really think about what they could mean. I could sell you my super-dooper curling iron with infinite heat settings, but it might only get hot enough to leave a red mark on your skin if you leave it there for 1 minute...and you were stupid enough to fork me over $300 for it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What were you doing in my bathroom?
Post a Comment