I first want to give my disclaimer at the beginning of this post. In no way am I demeaning any type of person, gay or straight. If you are gay and are reading this, I don't write this out of spite towards the gay community. In fact, I have friends that are gay and serve people that are gay at my workplace everyday. Gays are people just like straights are people. We are all people, people! However, I find the significance of the rainbow quite funny and here is why.
Beaufurr and I were running this morning when a rainbow flag caught my eye. This flag was as big as a regulation American Flag (regulation as in a gigantic one you see up on a flag pole) and it was hung on a front porch of a house for everyone to see. It was apparent that the person/s living at that house wanted everyone to know their sexual preference AND that they were proud of it (or, they really liked rainbows). For those of you unaware that the rainbows are not just about pretty things in the sky and Rainbow Bright dolls, it's a good thing you are reading this so you can catch up on today's society. Although it would be really funny if you put rainbows on your car just because you like rainbows and then all of a sudden you were getting honks from cars with people of the same sex and you didn't know what was going on! And whos idea was it to advertise their sexual preference? It's almost like a cheap pick up line or singles ad in the paper. Like it's saying, "hey, I'm gay, just letting you know,
But seriously. Gay pride. Think about it. Why in the world would anyone want to find pride in what sexual preference they carry? Is someone's life that boring as to correlate their pride along with their gayness? What about straight pride? I don't go flaunting that I am straight and proud of it. I don't find my pride in my sexual preference. My sexual preference doesn't make me who I am. Why do gay people find it so important to find their pride in their sexual preferences? Why can't we just focus on who we are as people in Christ? And, then I can hear the arguement of people who do not know Christ. We don't believe in Christ, so we find our relevance in our sexual preference. Come on, even that is pathetic. There is so much more to a person than if they like boys or girls. We need to focus on becoming people that people enjoy being around. Someone like Christ.
As for flaunting a sexual preference on a car or a house, maybe I should start hanging some pictures of a sunshine and rainclouds. I mean, that is the only way you get rainbows anyway...through straight people. Get it?

1 comment:
Obviously, Noah must have been the first gay man.
Post a Comment