08 July 2005

lazy blogger

So I just realized I've become a lazy blogger. Not that I've been doing this blogging stuff very long anyway, but come on, the least I can do for my fellow readers is post something from time to time. You all know how it is...you go to check on someones blog to see what interesting thing they have come up with for the day and see the same post you read last time. And then you check it the next day and, still, the same post. After about a week of checking to see if there was something newly profound or a good laugh to be found in a new post, you see the same post from 2 weeks prior. No updates, no nothing. You somehow feel let down...like they don't care about you. Actually, let's just call it a personal problem. It's not my fault you people, I mean friends, (maybe not after this post ; ) have so much free time to sit around and read about other people's lives. Or, that you have jobs that allow you to surf the net at your leisure, probably on my tax dollar. I mean, come on, everyone wants to read Katie Moore's blog. Why is that? What is so interesting about moi? You don't have to answer that...not because it's retorical, but because I already know why I am so intersting. DUH!

That last paragraph was just for fun...here's what's happenin!

I had my second interview at Southwest Airlines yesterday in Chicago. On the way there, I decided to quiz the flight attendants and have them give me some insight as to what they are looking for. Come to find out, they are looking for me ; ) It was 2 one-on-one interviews. I was fingerprinted and then flew home. They said I will know in 2-4 weeks after receiving a letter in the mail. If the letter asks me to do a drug test, then I'm in! If it asks me to re-apply in 6 months, God has something better in the works for me. Either way, I win! And for you curious folk out there...I wore white pants with black pinstripes and a black blazer with killer black pumps with white stitching. For some of you reading this, you may think..."what in the world...katie dress up?". Yes, and since it was big news, I decided to write about it! I am going to write my thank you cards today. This morning I heard on the radio that if you write a thank you card after an interview, you are 61%more likely to get hired...and I just so happened to hear that the day after my 2nd interveiw. God is good.

On another note, I decided to try a triathalon. I've run plenty of 5k's in my day along with 1 marathon and have done oodles of bike riding. The thing about the triathalon is it also includes swimming...which is not one of my strengths...at all! I took a swim class once when I was about 10 years old. The next time I took a swim class was in college. One quarter we went to the pool at Antioch once a week and learned the strokes. That means about 12 times I practiced swimming. That was 8 years ago. Yeah. I went to the ymca today to give swimming a whirl. It can't be that hard, right? I run and bike a lot aleady. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!! I was instructed by a friend to swim 36 laps which is a half mile...what I will be doing in the race. It was sooooooooo hard! But, I was determined to swim all 36 laps...even if it took me all day. It didn't take the whole day, but it did take the whole hour! It took 55 minutes for me to swim 36 laps. Now I am very eager to practice more. My goal for now is to swim down and back without stopping. I'll get the hang of it...hopefully before the race!

1 comment:

Joel said...

Lazy blogger nothing...I'm the lazy blogger. Here I am the one who just got back from Namibia, and do I talk about it? Not really. In manage to completely update my blog though...doesn't seem to make much sense. And I seem to think I recall someone saying that Carla learned more about you in three or so posts than she has for all the time she's lived with you. Hmmm...