The FAA requires at least 5 hours flying to get your wings and yesterday is the day I completed that requirement. I was sooooooooooooooo nervous that I couldn't eat much. Then I got this stomach ache that I couldn't tell what the heck it was...nerves, bloated, the big "D", full bladder, or I was just plain hungry. I think it was all of the above. Unlike some of my other classmates, I was very fortunate to end up with the crews I was assigned to because they were so nice and helpful. Not only did my crews appreciate the extra $5/hr they were getting for training me, they also liked the fact that I was a newbee...meaning higher seniority for them.
I flew with 4 crews. One of them had three Dallas ladies that had been working for over 25 years. It's funny and quite confusing to see how the more senior people don't do things by the book. Things we were taught in class that were a big NO NO, those senior mamas were doing themselves.
Graduation is on Thursday and I fly home Friday morning. Hopefully I'll see some of you during my 2 weeks off.
16 July 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I was just wondering where Katie disappeared to. Got used to the every other day post, then nothing. Now to hear you are graduating...my my...they just grow up so fast... *tear*.
Post a Comment