31 August 2006

my life his life

Do you ever sit back and think, "what the heck am I supposed to be doing"? Do you ever contimplate what you were created for? I know the answer to that is glorify Him. We were created to put an everlasting smile on our creator's face. Me? Make my creator smile? How in the world? I'm so bad. I don't deserve it. But it's true. He loves me.

It's weird. I feel like I am in an inbetween phase in my life. I had a certain life a few months ago and now it's totally done a 180. Now I feel as if I'm stuck spinning not knowing which direction to turn! I've had a very fun and interesting month at my new job, but I miss home. I miss it a lot. I miss old friends and having the fellowship with them. I miss church. Sure, I'll catch a sermon on my hotel tv, but it's not the same. I've made a lot of new friends, but miss the old ones. You know the song, "make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold". I miss the gold!

Whatever I do, I shall do with Him in mind. I want to live my life for Him. I want people to see Him in me. I want my life to belong to Him.

2 comments:

Joel said...

Here's an analogy you might relate to:
Ever feel like you are stuck at 20,000 feet circling a port of arrival and yet ATC hasn't yet given you clearance to land? Yeah, that's what I thought of when you said you are in a different point of life. You left CMH for BWI and now you are waiting for clearance at DFW. What's a person to do? Just have another cocktail and a nap...

Dan said...

I read this and had a severe case of deja vu-eyness. Although, your 180 and my 540 are only distant relatives, they are both pointing in the same direction I suppose. God bless ya, Katie Moore, I think that sums it up well.