26 October 2006

naked must have been easier

Yes, I typed the word, "naked".

I was picking up the bathroom after my shower and I began to ponder how Adam and Eve might have lived in the garden. What brought on this thought? As I was folding my dirty clothes, a thought occurred. If I were Eve before the fall of man and I had just taken a bath in a river somewhere, I wouldn't have to pick up my clothes and fold them. I would walk out of the river clean as a whistle and that would be it. No towel, no clothes to put on, no clothes to pick up...nothing. (I really hope it was above 80 degrees because that would be cold).

That thought brought me to this thought...if the fall of man wouldn't have happened until after a few generations were produced, people would co-exist naked. That would be weird. But yet it wouldn't because they wouldn't know what naked was. Come to think of it, maybe that is what America needs. If everyone had to walk around naked, there maybe wouldn't be as much obesity because we wouldn't be able to cover our gluttony with clothes. Ok, never mind...bad thought...bad.

Since we will be perfect in heaven and have new bodies, will those bodies be naked? Will we exist like Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden? Hmmmm....



2 comments:

Joel said...

Naked i think will have an entirely new meaning at that point. I think more in regards to transparency. We will be transparent because the Light of God will shine right through us, in us, around us. I highly doubt that the human understanding of nakedness as it pertains to the human body will be anything close to the heavenly definition.

I think regardless of when the downfall of man occured, it occured. And because of that sin permeated into all facets of humanity. There would still be gluttony. There would still be sexual addition. There would still be idolization of the human form. There would even probably still be some form of materialism pertaining to adorning of oneself.

That's my take anyways...

ZaijiaN said...

Besides, can you think of anything much more uncomfortable than naked yardwork?

Or how'd you like to wade through poison ivy sans clothing?