A funny thing happened to me today that is worthy of a post. Ok, it's not that funny, but it made me laugh out loud once I left the store. Anyways, I've been sitting in my crashpad for 4 days now which makes me bored...which makes me want to write about funny things on my blog.
The weather here is overcast gray, cold, slight breeze, and in the 40's...kinda what we're all used to in Ohio. I decided I was going to do some laundry before I return home this evening...but wait, I don't have any more detergent. I already had my running gear on, so I put on a backpack, ipod, and earwarmer (one of those ones that are like a think sweatband) and set out to the grocery store on foot about 1.5 miles away. Mind you, the clothes I wear in no way make a fashion statement, I put them on for comfort and warmth.
As I approach the shopping center, I decide that I would go to Dollar General for my detergent instead. I pick out the goods and wait at the cash register for someone to come and help me. A girl in her mid 20's dressed in baggy clothes walks up and with a big smile says,
GIRL: you gonna do some laundry!
ME: yep, and I'm trying to get back before it starts raining since I'm walking.
GIRL: (still with big smile) how far do you live?
ME: not that far, a mile and a half
GIRL: awwwww, you'll make it!
ME: (I just gave her a nod of approval)
GIRL: (the best part) I like how you wear your ipod with your headband. That's cool. I'm gonna try that myself. (she did this with the smile and I swear she winked)
ME: Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. (and I walked out)
Two things happened here. One, I'm pretty sure the girl was hitting on me and it wasn't with a blunt object. Can I say, yuck. Two, I think I set a fashion trend and the only thing I was going for was ears that didn't turn red and freeze til they're numb. So, if any of you see earwarmers and ipods together in a magazine, know where that came from...the lesbian at Dollar General.
27 October 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I sincerely hope that lesbians working in Dollar Stores are not generating the marketing strategy for Apple.
Post a Comment