No, I didn't get my haircut short. This was a picture from 2003 with one of our regular customers. Take a good look at me in the apron for you'll never see it again...except maybe at a future halloween party.It's been 4 years. 4 long years I've called Starbucks my employer. They've provided me with health insurance and an income to pay the bills. Great friends have been made and kept. However, things they have done, primarily in the field of pay, have not slipped my mind...especially the last stunt they played on me. Although innocent, if everyone PROPERLY did their job, this wouldn't have happened.
Sbux has shot many bullets at me. I'm not going to mention the first 2 years, for they are minor compared to what they have done now. But just know this isn't the first time they've screwed me. June of this year I took my 3 week vacation and following that my 30 day leave of absence in order to attend the Southwest training school. It was understood that I would return to sbux after school as a part-time employee and would work during the times I would be home from Southwest.
The first bullet came when I returned home from training to a coorporate letter from sbux stating they overpaid me. Since I've received direct deposit and was receiving vacation pay for a long period of time, I never noticed they overpaid me...$1,000. Ok, $100, no problem, I'll write a check and let it be done. But $1,500? That's a large chunk of change I thought was mine! I made a deal with a lady at coorporate that it would be paid back by Dec 20th.
The second bullet came last week when I tried to get my free lb of coffee for the week and the register said my employee numbers weren't found. Hmmm, what's going on?
The third bullet really hurt. It was in the heart. I had just decided to end my employment at sbux after my stocks vest in Oct. My fellow sbux employee, Joy, calls me to say her stocks vested on Oct 3rd. I checked my account. No vesting. Hmmm. Did this have to do with my employee numbers not being found? Sure did.
After speaking with my manager, I found out I wasn't transfered from the Oakwood store to the Centerville store like planned. A new manager took over the Oakwood store and saw me in there. Without calling me to find out what my story was, she TERMINATED me. No questions asked, just took me out of the system. That was 2 days before my stocks vested!
At this point, my termination has been reversed and I am waiting for Fidelity to receive the reversal so my stocks can finally vest. The day they vest is the day my resignation goes in to sbux.
Starbucks may make great coffees and lattes, but as for taking care of their employees, they starsuck.

1 comment:
One word...Caribou. :)
Love ya, sis, and hope all this gets worked out.
Ralph
Post a Comment