31 March 2009

Colorado...this is the beginning of something great

Our trip went quick. Clay drove the entire 19 hours while I slept, read, slept, ate, slept....and slept! Ok, I didn't sleep that much, but the point is I had the OPTION to sleep while Clay drove the entire trip. Believe it or not, Clay wanted to drive the entire time...it was mutual. This is Kansas...nothing for miles. I did end up peeing in a cup in the car because there were no bathrooms for 100 miles!





This is the view from our master suite, or should I say, "master sweeeeet!" This house is a lot bigger than I thought it would be. There is a walk-in closet, double sinks with plenty of counter space, a shower and jacuzzi tub...and a super king bed. I think a king bed might be in our near future after we return home. Once you sleep in the king, you can't revert back to the queen! Of course I noticed the bathroom is a little outdated, and yes, I see the potential, but it is clean and that suites me just fine!












Yes, that is snow. But I don't seem to mind because, somehow, snow atop of Pike's Peak is a lot better than snow in Ohio. I love it here already. From the front windows of our house is a spectacular view of the snow-covered Pike's Peak. How awesome is that! This picture was taken from the front of the house. Don't worry, Clay and I are planning on chipping off a chunk of the mountain and bringing it back to Ohio with us. We will charge admission.
Here are more pictures of our house...




































This blog will be periodically updated on our Colorado adventures. Stay tuned!

No comments: