I spent Sunday afternoon with my good friend, Shamay and her sister, Jessie...and their FOUR children. After a long day of shopping and a nice long lunch, we headed back to my house to drop me off. Well, one more thing was dropped off, and that was Kaitlyn, Shamay's 8 year old daughter. She certainly kept me on my toes all day Monday. It was nice to have some company while Clay was away at work. This was one of the first nice days we've had since we've been in Colorado (um, yeah, don't get me started), so Kaitlyn and I decided to take advantage of it. Per Kaitlyn's request, we went to Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. Yes, that is a zoo, on a mountain with a lot of hills to walk up! Here are some pics from our fun day in the sun...
This is my favorite picture of Kaitlyn
The giraffe was nudging her...it was cute!
She got to meet the nice grizzly
I forget what this is!
a domesticated squirrel...I hope he doesn't have rabies

This monkey liked us. He kept following us around his cage.

This guy was smart! He tied that rope to another rope and started swinging on it. Then, he UNTIED it!

These two were grooming each other. The one started picking all the bugs off the other one.

That's our adventure in a nutshell. I haven't been to a zoo in over a decade, so it was fun to see the animals from a child's perspective!
No comments:
Post a Comment