This is at the very first step. We are mentally preparing ourselves for the climb. Sara decided to be a pedometer, so she counted as she climbed. She said counting took her mind off the intensity.
We are half way up. Breaks were our friend...
We took another switchback trail down to the parking lot. This was the scenery along the way. God creates amazing scenery!

We met a man in his 50's/60's who ran to the top of the incline. He said his best time was 21:04 to the top and that was back in 2004. Today, he did it in 30 minutes because he fractured his vertibrae and it has lowered his time significantly. To put this in perspective, it took us 1 hour (although we did take 4 breaks). We nick-named him "21-minute-man". Impressed, I was!
We met a man in his 50's/60's who ran to the top of the incline. He said his best time was 21:04 to the top and that was back in 2004. Today, he did it in 30 minutes because he fractured his vertibrae and it has lowered his time significantly. To put this in perspective, it took us 1 hour (although we did take 4 breaks). We nick-named him "21-minute-man". Impressed, I was!

1 comment:
Hey! I finally made it to your blog! What awesome scenery! Great job on your hike- wish I could've been there! Plan to go through and catch up on old posts! Look forward to having you home!
Post a Comment