Do you ever have days or even weeks at a time when you ask yourself, "what the heck am I doing here?". Times when you live your life, but the only life you have is the actual breathing and your heart beating. Times when you beg God to change your life around but things just seem to stay the way they are. Then, you are shown why you are in life where you are. You see, the big picture is hidden from us. Little things happen everyday that contribute to that big picture, but we miss them. It's like taking a sentence out of context. When you read a sentence without reading what is before it and what is after it, the sentence may take on a completely different meaning than if you combine the whole paragraph into one. Our lives are the same way. You may be working a job you don't like, living in a place you don't want to live, driving a car that should have been buried years ago, wear last years clothes because you don't have enough in the bank to go by this season's style (geez, come to think of it, I've got clothes over 5 years old!!). You may be asking God to change all these things so you can have a "better life". In reality, you are reading your life's sentence out of context. You are exactly where God wants you to be or He wouldn't have you there. For example, I was scheduled the wrong shift today. I requested to open the store, but was given the closing shift instead. After months of asking my neighbor to go to church, she decided to go. Had I been working the morning shift, I wouldn't have been able to take her. The schedule didn't go MY way so I wasn't very happy. I was looking at my day out of context of the plan God has set up for me. My neighbor accepted Christ today!
Not getting the schedule I wanted: anger
Not getting to have the sunday night hangtime at my house: disappointment
Having my schedule free to lead my neighbor to Christ: priceless
2 comments:
Praise God for Betty Crocker!!
Remember, a man's a plus not a must!
I'm just sittin' here sippin' my syrup! (I'm drinking Vernors Ginger Ale actually).
Hey just discovered your blog. So let me be a little late in welcoming you to the world of blogging. And yes indeed, Betty Crocker is one crazy story and shows how much a sense of humor God has!
Post a Comment