22 July 2005

from rabbit to fish

I've been running since the age of 12...I guess that's over half my life. I'm not fast, nor am I anywhere near good enough to be competitive. It's just something I'm used to. As for swimming, that's a different story. I've been swimming since the age of 29 and 1 month old...which means 2 weeks. When I first got into the water and swam my first lap, I was panting like a dog on a hot day trying to catch my breath. I'd have to take long breaks inbetween laps just so I would not keel over and pass out. My 4th time swimming, which was last saturday, I was able to swim 3 laps in a row without stopping. My 5th time...yesterday...I swam 6 laps in a row. Today I swam and I really felt as if I was in a new body. I swam all 36 laps without stopping! I still can't believe it myself! Could the caffeine from work have something to do wiht it??? Looks like this triathalon might be in my near future. And for those of you reading this who want me on their swim team...just give it some time...like maybe a week or two more...then I'll be ready.

Ok, so I never ran as fast as a rabbit, but I can dream, can't I??

No comments: