09 August 2005

caffeine-free


I must confess...since working at Starbucks, I have become addicted to caffeine. If you would have asked me 5 years ago if I'd ever be addicted to this legalized drug, I would have laughed and said not in a million years. But, through some bad decisions, I became a caffeine addict. This in itself is ironic because my passion is helping others become healthy and over coming strongholds in their lives. I will tell others how caffeine is bad, yet, I will ingest it myself.

This September will mark my 3 year anniversary with Starbucks. I never really drank caffeine until I was promoted to a management position in february. The change into management was so overwhelming for me, I decided I needed a vice. At this point in time, God is looking down at me clearing his throat saying, "Katie, I'm here...no need for vices!". Yeah, well, I didn't listen.

I have decided to not be a deliberate hypocrite any longer. This marks my second day without caffeine. I didn't think I was really addicted until I got off of the stuff! Yesterday, I pretty much wanted to lay around all day. I even fell asleep around 10:30pm last night and didn't wake up until 8:30am. All morning I've wanted to take naps, but I've fought the urge.

3 comments:

Joel said...

Ya know what...caffeine works so much better when you don't have it in your system much. Talk about a legalized drug in appropriate proportions. When you need that boost...BAM!

I'm all about the low doses of legalized drugs... (yeah that's going to end up as a quote)

ZaijiaN said...

It's all about moderation! Too much or nothing at all doesn't really help in most cases - the best results are usually acheived through disciplined moderation.

For instance, I only lick hallucination-causing frogs every 3-4 weeks.

ZaijiaN said...

Hmm... maybe this article can help.