Well, having slept throughout my entire tuesday paid off. I awoke when my alarm went off without a problem. I even could walk in a straight line (sometimes in the AM I can't do that so well...and not because of any other legal drugs we can think of). A regular customer commented how awake I looked...now how's that for ironic? As I was telling him this was my 3rd day off caffeine and I am starting to feel good, I received an intense glare from another regular customer at my register. I seriously thought he was going to come across the counter and hit me. I guess he really likes his caffeine. I mean, we are at starbucks.
Which by the way, have I ever mentioned how different the AM crowd is from the PM crowd??? I've tried many of times, but getting people to laugh or even have somewhat of a sense of humor is nonexistant. Rush rush rush...that's all they do. I ask them how they are and they ignore my question and go right on with their order. Sometimes, I joke with them to throw them off, for instance:
ME: hello sir, how are you this morning?
AMer: iced quad grande no whip mocha.
ME: really! what does an iced quad grande no whip mocha feel like?
AMer: what?!???! oh, sorry, I'm good.
ME: (this is my thoughts in my head)...no, apparently you aren't good, you hate being up in the early AM, and, if you had things your way, you'd be in bed until much later when you can come in and actually acknowledge I am a person standing behind this register. Ok, maybe you'll never realize that and I'll just see you as an iced quad grande no whip mocha...nothing else.
ME: (outloud) that's ok sir, you'll feel much better after you get your drink. (when I want to say, no, you'll feel better once you give this stuff up and have energy because you are HEALTHY not STIMULATED!)
They are grumpy and are extremely dependent on the caffeine to give them their fake high. As for the PMers, they are much more laid back and come to just hang out or STAY awake (which is very different from CREATING awakeness).
Ok, who would agree my time at starbucks should come to an end soon?!?!
Yeah, so today was great. I didn't crave the cookies or the caffeine. I was on full throttle from 415am until about 6pm when I sat down for the first time. How cool is that!
I wanted to give you an idea of what was in my favorite starbucks chocolate chip cookie...I mean the addiction was so bad I'd look through the bags to find broken ones! Here's a look at the innocent looking crumb cake. Pair this sucker with a venti strawberries & cream frappuccino, and you have your calorie intake for a whole day. When the sugar grams go into triple digits, you know you'll be heading off into a diabetic coma an hour after consumption.Soooo....anyone wanna visit me at starbucks?!

4 comments:
For some reason the links I posted wont work. Just go to this site, select the pastry or beverage and see what comes up!
http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_info.asp
I think your are either obsessed or possessed. I leave you to decide.
Oh ye caffeine hypocrite!
Peddle not your foul wares that believeth thou not in.
Verily, I say unto thee, will thine forehead carry the mocha "C" burned indeliably in't.
I have just decided not to get a strawberries and cream frappuccino or a cookie...
Post a Comment