22 August 2005

cali...here i come

Today is the beginning of my weekend. Then back to work on Thursday, Friday and Saturday...then off for 2 weeks! I am quite excited about this. For my vacation, I am going to spend a week in Laguna Beach, CA with a mini trip to Vegas. I've never been to Vegas so I thought I'd get the full experience by bringing a little money to put on the tables....like twenty dollars! Yeah, that's all I can risk since gambling was never my thing. But, if I find some guy that wants to give me his money to gamble and then I keep part of the winnings, I have no problem with that kind of gambling ; ) I am going to go with my friend Ronda, who resides in Nashville. We will fly out to Cali on Tuesday and stay a week at her cousin's house right on the water front. Then, for my next week of vacation, I will stay at home.

What's even more cool is that I receive 3 weeks vacation starting october 1. Since I am leaving quitting the full time job at starbucks, guess what....I will get my 3 weeks vaca this year, too. That means I get 5 weeks of vacation within a few months of each other. Very nice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, Katie that's awesome! You definitely deserve it, that's for sure...