27 August 2005

a new job


The last two nights I've been working closing shift at work instead of the mornings. I really feel like I'm at a new job. Instead of serving irritable people in the morning, I get to serve happy-go-lucky-take-your-time customers who actually enjoy having a conversation with you. Plus, there was never a line out the door and we actually had time to do tasks that I never get to during the morning rush. Ok, maybe it didn't feel like a new job, but it did feel like the old job, but much more enjoyable and relaxing minus much anxiety.

Oh, and for those curious folk, it has been 2 weeks with no caffeine. I feel great and don't miss it a bit. Sugar, on the other hand, is a different story. I went 10 days without it and then decided, what the heck, I'll get a peanut butter mountain from ritter's. That was last friday and since then I've had a big chocolate chip cookie. That's 2 items in 2 weeks. If I had kept up my sugar intake the way it was, I would have probably ingested 14 chocolate chip cookies and a few bowls of icecream. Not to mention any other unplanned tasty sweet treat that might cross my path along the way.


To those of you who think all I eat is carrots and lettuce, I had this for lunch the other day... it was great. And yes, I ate almost the whole thing. Yeah, then the chocolate chip cookie topped it off!
So, I can still pack it down. I remember in high school I was accused of having a hollow leg. I've had many eating contests in my day and always seem to pull ahead. Maybe both my legs are hollow.

3 comments:

Joel said...

I wouldn't say your legs are hollow, I mean you at least have some fluid collection around the knee cap area...

Unknown said...

Way to go on the no caffeine and lower sugar! I'm gonna do no sugar too... I need your help to encourage me in that, mmkay?

Robertoe said...

Wanna go to Stuckey's???