After getting up at 4 this morning, I am a little tired, but ready to go. A bumpy ride to Nashville brought me to my good friend Ronda. (we are such good friends I know she'll forgive me for posting this picture!!!). After 2 hours of catching up on our lives, we were finally able to board the plane...onward to LA. The beginning of that flight had a lot of turbulance from Katrina, but after a half hour, we were amidst the sun and blue skies, dodging the abundance of grey skies, humidity and rain that all you midwesterners are enduring! I know, don't be too sad for us, for we will be ok.On my flight, I looked up and saw the flight attendant I had met on my way to Chicago for my 1st job interview with Southwest. She had given me advice on how to interview for the position. I asked her if she remembered who I was and she said yes. She mentioned she doesn't usually fly this route and she just so happened to pick up this trip for some extra money. Providential! I told her I got the job and she was excited for me. I got to know some more in's and out's of the new job I'm going to have, a lot of which I am pretty pumped about.
We arrived in LA safe and sound and were picked up by Ronda's cousin's friend, Dave. He was nice to drive us by the beach on the way to the "hotel" we are staying....here it is...I know it's a run-down shack, but I think I'll make due.

2 comments:
must.... hold back... my rage....
Ha! Phil's comment made me chuckle.... but then again, considering myself... it doesn't take much. :-)
Glad you're there safely! Bring me back some sunshine in a bottle, mmkay? :)
Post a Comment