02 September 2005

california cruise


What else can I say...we're having a great time and we are blessed to have this great car to drive. I haven't driven a stick shift in a while, but after cruisin around the block once, I quickly got the hang of it. Although, what you see here is basically a shell of a jeep. I am wearing a make-shift seat belt that was installed by Ronda's cousin, Carl. Wires dangle just above my feet so I have to be careful as to not step on them while I put on the breaks. After having a full day of driving up and down the coast, Carl informs us that, oh yeah, be careful not to pull up on the stick shift because it comes out. That would have been hilarious! Imagine...Ronda and I are lined up in the left turn lane next to make a U-turn when I pull the stick shift out of the car and we are stuck in the middle of a busy CA intersection! God has sure had His had on us while driving this thing around, that's for sure!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OH hey Katie, remember when we were in Starbucks talking about how there must be something in the water, that everyone is getting engaged??? Yeah, I found some of the water... :-)

lil'gurl said...

That's stinking hillarious--but I would have followed the story better if there would have been paragraphs......glad you're having a good time. See ya soon!!