On my day off today I decided to go help my brother with one of his properties. It's been a long time (probably over 6 months) since I've worked on a house (besides my own). I really miss working on the houses...not because I necessarily miss the work (although quite rewarding), but because I miss working with my silly brother. And today was not a disappointment.
I arrive at Brian's house around 10:30 AM. As we are pulling out of his neighborhood, he looks at me and says he forgot the radio. Oh well! Knowing full well we could entertain ourselves, we broke into our own rendition of Hallelujah sung Nellie style. I think we need to record it.
We also had a conversation regarding how people say we are funny. He says, "people just say..."you are so funny Brian!". I mean, what do you say to that?" I told him to say, "yes, I know". At least that's what I do.
Before starting our work, I toured the house (it was my first time seeing it). How hideous. Ok, the house was built in 1998...meaning it's 7 years old. How these people managed to do so much damage is way beyond me. I think most of the damage was in the decor. The master bedroom was bright purple with a purple flower wallpaper border. Another room had a bunny border. The main room had pink carpet. A family with kids lived in this house previous to our ownership. If you were a man of the house, would you live in a room with purple walls? Let alone pink carpet in the living room??? These people had problems.
Aside from getting high on paint fumes and Brian's homemade fumes, our workday was a success. We painted all the ceilings upstairs and installed ceiling fans in every room. We also primed the rooms that needed it. We even came up with a few more Nellie songs. The songs after we were high on fumes were the funniest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Brian isn't that funny...at least not compared to Joe Stryke. Now that guy is hilarious. How I ended up with both of those guys I'll never know.
That's it.
We're just going to have to have a funny man showdown.
Who will reign supreme???
Post a Comment