30 October 2005

God had me in mind

Aside from my charming personality ; ) , God has blessed me with many gifts. One of them lies here on my bed at my feet keeping me warm. He is dreaming right now so his paws are gently twitching. Most likely he is chasing squirrels in his land of dreams. I'm certain God created this furry creature with me in mind. He brings me much joy as he knows all my secrets and will never tell. Even though he lacks skills as a body guard, he can sure play a good game of hide-n-seek.

My roommates are another gift from above. Again, God had me in mind when He put it on their hearts that they should move in with me. Even with all my idiosyncrasies, they still decide to live with me. They are fun, light hearted, down to earth, extrodinary individuals. Thanks girls for all my memories!

Excitement fills me as I continue my search for a new house. Where will I live next? Only God knows that and I'm sure He will find a place just for me. I am making some final touches on my current home in preparation to sell it. As I look around, I thank God for giving me this place. It has served me well over the last couple of years. With this house, I've met new friends, bonded with old ones, endured some hard times, as well as good times.

Today I had dinner with my family. Around the table sat the usual mom, dad and brother along with some new additions...Marisa, her mom and Lucas. What a great addition. I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to call my family. And as for my husband...woah nellie! No, I didn't elope with a stranger...I just know God will provide me with one that is beyond my wildest dreams...just like He has with everything else. We are His children. Parents have a deep love for their children and want to provide for them. God does with us as well. Children of the King we are. Thank you God for having me on your mind!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Just to let you know...God had you in mind back in 2002 when I met Bri's "elusive sister who lives in Tennessee" for the first time. Thank you for your friendship and your encouragement these past few years. You have truly been a blessing and a wonderful second sister to me. Love ya!