Last Sunday evening I had some friends come over to hang out. Usually we provide our guests with general munchies, but this time we had a dessert feast. Every single guest that came over brought some kind of dessert with them. I bet my friends thought we were trying to put them into a diabetic coma! And if you are one of the people who brought treats, I thank you greatly! It's always nice to have suprise goodies. All in all, I had a great time. I even got to witness some of my friends be born again...and I don't mean into God's kingdom. I will post pictures when I find the cord to my camera.
One of the conversations sunday evening was a re-cap of the break-in that happened here at the pershing palace a month back. There is a guy, Ben, who works in security at a well-known department store who was listening to our story. He suggested the theives could have installed video cameras or stole keys to the house. This didn't put me at ease.
With that in mind, the next night I'm at my parents watching a reality show on theives. A homeowner allows some theives to break in to his home and steals stuff while he is watching it on live video. This is done to see where the weak points are in the home and see what needs to be done to protect the house more. This particular homeowner had $2million worth of jewelry taken from the fake robbery, which was of course, returned promptly. This toggled my memory a bit. Jewelry from my jewelry chest wasn't taken, but I hadn't looked in my locked jewelry box in my dresser drawer. I looked. EMPTY. It was stuff I didn't wear anymore, but I was saving it for my children to wear one day. A few gold chains, a gold cross, some plain rings...and 2 rings that were very important to me. One was a ruby and diamond ring from my deceased grandparents and the other was my dad's class ring.
This really ticks me off because this stuff is practically worthless to the robbers, but priceless to me.
26 October 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment