I had to hit the books today after the return from my 5 day weekend in nashville. Hmmm, 5 day weekend, how'd I manage that you ask? I have 3 holiday days saved up (extra vacation time) and I decided to use one last weekend. Coupled with the fact I work a job where I can work all my hours in the beginning of week 1, leave wednesday night for nashville, then take off a day in the beginning of week 2. That's a good thing about working for retail...as many long weekends as you can schedule yourself!
As for hitting the books, no, I did not return back to school. I am finishing up my RMT (Retail Management Training) and have a big report due on Thursday morning. This is a big ordeal in which I will be dressing up in my interview apparel and presenting to my district manager action plans I created in order to make the store more successful...profitable. The report is called a PIAT (Putting It All Together). You know what I put together from all this? A big headache! Ok, it wasn't that bad, but I tend to work better under pressure (and I don't mean I'm constipated).
When I returned from my trip yesterday, I knew I only had 1 day to complete my PIAT from start to finish. The instructions the company gives you to do your report is so ambiguous, I didn't know where to begin. I decided to go in to work to ask for help from my manager when I realized I didn't have to give my report on wednesday, I had to give it on thursday! All that to say I had an extra "cushion" day to complete my project. But, like I said, I work best under pressure. Since I don't like to stop in the middle of something, I decided to finish the whole report today. It took 12 hours, but I'd rather get it done and not worry about it tomorrow. I have to admit, the whole presentation even impresses myself. Boy, I sure do good work! ; ) Now all I need is a good hair day for my presentation!
On another note, I seemed to have misplaced the cable that connects my camera to my computer. Hence, no pictures can be posted from my mini-vacation. Even when I do find my cable, there won't be that many to post. I brought my camera with an almost-dead battery. After 5 pictures, the thing wouldn't come back on. Which means I didn't get a picture of my dog's eye. He was playing with another dog and his bottom eye lid was lacerated. He got some stitches today and he is doing fine...at least for now. I neglected to inform my roommates to not give him too much water or he'll throw up. He drank half a bowl and then proceeded to EAT the ear off his stuffed animal. We'll see later how I'll be cleaning that up.
18 October 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
the ear should be highly absorbant, and really the liquid content of his vomit shouldn't be too high.
Post a Comment