16 November 2005

going once...going twice...

(click above, type in 3641 Napanee, if you click the photo-sketch tab, that's my new house!)

This was definately a gift from above! For about a month, my family and I have had our eyes on this house. Many prayers have been lifted up. Does God want me to move? Does He want me to stay in Belmont? Is the neighborhood safe? Are the neighbors "normal"? Is it convenient to drive to work...or to my parents? These questions whirled in my head...and the only answer to them would be Saturday, the day of the auction.

I arrived at the auction at 8:30am. The auction started at 9am beginning with all the tools in the garage. Then, 2 cars were sold and then some guns. The realestate wasn't until 1pm. I gotta tell ya, that was one of the longest waits in my life! I had to watch all the stuff be auctioned off first before then got to the house. Was God going to let us have it? I mean, we did set a maximum bid...anything over that we would pull out.

This house had everything I needed, not to mention, everything I wanted (which are definately separated categories). If I didn't get the house, I was at a point where I gave it to my Father. Yes, I really really really really wanted it, but would be ok with it if I didn't get it. God sees the big picture. He sees things we don't see. If He saw anything that would hurt me by getting this house, He wouldn't let me have it.

As the time neared 1pm, my heart started racing...just like it did back in high school when I was going to run a race. Is it yes or no, God? I couldn't wait to hear the answer! The auctioneer announced that he would sell the property in the backyard. Anyone that was interested should proceed now to the back. I took my place next to my dad (my appointed bidder) and watched the backyard fill up with hopefull bidders. Oh my goodness! There must be at least 100 people back here we're bidding against! "Nothing is impossible with God" started going through my head. The bidding seemed like an eternity, but, our last bid took the house!!

If you looked at the picture, you might think it looks a little run-down. Actually, the picture does the house justice. It is a complete wreck. The whole thing has to be gutted and redone. Looks like dad, brother and I have a great winter project! Dont worry Brian, I won't use you too much!

Projected Move-in Date: Mid March

....and yes, my house is going on the market...takers anyone???

No comments: