23 November 2005

my favorite time of year

...is definately not winter. For those of you who would like to correct me and say it is still officially fall, I say pooey. If the temperature is below 40, you have to wear a coat, your Vectren and DP&L bill is triple than it usually is and even when you are inside in the heat, you still feel cold...that, to me, is considered winter. Summer is my mostest favoritest time of the year. I'm that weirdo that can be outside in 90 degree weather AND enjoy it. So, it's only November...4 more months to go before spring

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Most families will be sitting down to chow an enormous meal while enjoying each other's company. My Thanksgiving will not be of the American norm. Thinking back, I can not remember a year when I had Thanksgiving off work. From 2:30-6:30 I will be running a shift at Starbucks. Thank goodness it will only be for 4 hours. Historically, Thanksgiving day has not done much business at this particular Starbucks. Hopefully, this will remain the truth for tomorrow.

So instead of eating a huge Thanksgiving dinner with my entire family (which consists of Dad, Mom, Beaufurr, Brian, Marisa, Lucas,Uncle Ron, Aunt Martha, Cousin Shelly and Cousin Kevin...yep, that's it), I am going over to my parents in the morning to have a Thanksgiving Breakfast. The attendees are me, Dad, Mom, Beaufurr, and Grandma. The rest of the family will not be there due to other commitments elsewhere. As for huge family events, my family has never really gotten into that...which, in my opinion, is a good thing.

Another thing I've done every Thanksgiving evening is go see a movie (I mean, what else is there to do?). I don't have any plans yet, so maybe this year will be different.

As for the "Thanks" part of Thanksgiving...I do not have words. God has been so good to my underserving self. That's what grace is. A song played at Apex has a verse, "He gives and takes away, He gives and takes away". I am thankful for the things He has given me, and even thankful for the things He took away.

No comments: