30 June 2006

finally here

It's been a long time since you've blogged if...

...you forget your own password to create a new blog!

Yes, this is Katie, Katie Moore. I'm writing from Dallas, Texas to inform y'all I'm finally in flight attendant training class!

What is it like? Let me just say one thing. I'm a college graduate. Ok, let me say another thing. Any course I've taken in college doesn't even compare to this. INTENSE. I get up at 4:30 every morning. Eat breakfast with my peers at 5:30 while studying for a test we have at 7:15am. We take the test. Go to our classroom to learn 8 hours of material. Get back to the hotel around 6:30pm. Eat (if there is time), study for the next test, do 2 hours of reading for the material we will learn the next day, and then go to bed hopefully by 10:30pm.

Repeat

Repeat

Repeat

Our class started with 86 people. Today, we are down to around 70. If you fail a test or a proficiency, you are sent home. If you are 1 second late to class, you are sent home. If you are found doing anyting they instructed you not to do, you are sent home. This includes reapplying lipstick. Yes, I have to wear lipstick now. Funny, eh? Katie always in lipstick? I am so bad at remembering to apply it, I've asked someone to be my lipstick buddy. She reminds me to reapply when I need it.

I've made so many friends, it's unbelievable. I can't wait to post pictures! Oh wait, I have to take the pictures before I can post them ; )

1 week down, 3 to go.

And the countdown continues!

1 comment:

Joel said...

Well wonders never cease:
1) you blogging
2) wearing lipstick?
3) you blogging
4) waking up at 4:30...oh wait you did at with sbux anyways.
5) complaining about work...oh wait...nevermind

Hope you continue to succeed there...